DUTIES OF THE ASSESSOR
• To get all the property on the county tax roll.
• To make an equitable assessment to all classes of property at a valuation as near the actual cash value as it is possible to determine.
• The Assessor's Office has nothing to do with making the levies.
• State tax is levied by state officials.
• All county tax is levied by the county commissioners.
• Special school tax is levied by district school boards.
• City tax is levied by city officials, fire district tax is levied by the fire district officials.
• REMEMBER... all real and personal property, as stipulated by law is subject to taxation and it is the duty of the owner of such property to see that it is listed for taxation.
• Courteous answers will be given to all questions pertaining to taxation or value of property. Any error made by this office will be willingly corrected.
Dolores County Assessor
P.O. Box 478
Dove Creek, CO 81324
Phone: (970) 677-2385
Fax: (970) 677-3068
Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:30pm (except holidays)